At C. Foster Physical Therapy we recognize this is an unprecedented time, bringing uncertainty and unease. We want you to know that patient and staff safety is a top priority for us, and we will continue to focus our efforts on stringent exposure mitigation and infection control measures related to COVID-19. We are confident that these efforts will provide a safe environment where our patients can continue to receive the high level of care they have come to expect at any of our clinics.
Here’s what we’re doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
Infection prevention precautions:
- We thoroughly clean and sanitize all patient waiting rooms, treatment rooms, equipment and other high traffic areas according to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We use hospital/commercial grade cleaning products effective at killing Human Coronavirus.
- Utilization of a licensed commercial linen service to provide laundry/sanitization services of all soiled linen products.
- We have provided all of our staff with facemasks for them to wear in the clinic when treating patients.
- We are requesting every patient entering our clinic to wear some type of facial covering/mask at all times.
- We are requiring every person entering the office to properly wash or sanitize his or her hands for at least 20 seconds prior to treatment. Hand sanitizer canisters are conveniently placed throughout the clinic.
Simple pre-treatment health screen:
- Temperatures will be taken upon entering the clinic for all patients and staff. Anyone with 99.4 degrees (Forehead Scan) or higher will be asked to reschedule. We ask that you avoid taking fever-reducing medication (Tylenol, Advil, etc.) 24 hours before your visit, so that we may obtain an accurate temperature reading.
- Patients will be required to complete a pre-treatment COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to each PT session.
- We ask all non-essential guests or those accompanying a Physical Therapy patient wait in their vehicles, unless not available, until the patient’s treatment is completed. This will allow us to minimize the number of patients in the front lobby/clinic at any given time.
- Each clinic has reconfigured the treatment floor (common space) to provide adequate and safe distance between each treatment table and therapeutic equipment in accordance with CDC social distancing requirement.
- Private Rooms: each clinic has dedicated private treatment rooms available upon request. Request must be made at time of setting appointment and is subject to availability.
- Our Staff:
- Temperature taken prior to starting work daily.
- Reporting any COVID-19 related symptoms to Clinic Director.
- Initiate action plan for clinical staff.
- Temperature taken prior to scheduled treatment session.
- Reporting any COVID-19 related symptoms to Front Desk or Clinician.
- Initiate action plan for Patients.
Our practice constantly evaluates our procedures to ensure they are aligned with CDC guidelines and best practices. Now, more than ever, we are committed to providing you with a safe environment to focus on keeping you healthy and getting you better. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns you may have. We are here for you!
C. Foster Physical Therapists